Hey ladies, I welcome you all to a new month. How was your weekend, hope it was restful and peaceful, and fun too, mine was all rainy, but thank God, and am glad for the cool weather.. I hope the week isn’t stressful though, not to worry its almost weekend again. My apologies for not writing at the beginning of the week, it was due to some things sha….. Anyway, thank God also for ushering us alive and well, into the new month of good health, blessings, mouth watering opportunities, and unmerited favours. Did i hear you say AMEN??????????????? Amen oooooooooo.
So, I chatted up a friend on Facebook, told her about what I do now (makeup) she gave me encouraging words, told her to visit my blog, check it out, for tips that might be beneficial to her. She kindly did, and asked what she could do to pimples on her face, I told her, that am gradually getting to the ‘skin care” part of my career, and that if I get any useful information about it, i would gladly let her know, but I RELIGIOUSLY told her to reduce her oily intake, and oil based product/makeup on her face.
Few weeks later, I surfed the net, and asked a few people who had pimples and what they did to prevent it, and also how they fought it.
Maureen Chinyere inspired me to write this post; this post is going to be brief and straight forward as possible.
I know looking at the mirror sometimes, and seeing ’em pimples, on your face really makes you want to burst, squeeze, or pop them out, as the always show up at very important days.lol.
To some its their “sign” whenever they are about to experience their monthly menstrual cycle, or already experiencing it. To others, stress can cause these pimples to show up on their faces.
Pimples and acne forms when excess oil clogs up our pores, and its caused by
#Bacteria which is responsible for the inflammation
# Excessive shedding of dead cells,
# Excess oil which clogs pores to form a nice place for the bacteria to live in
# Over production of the sebaceous gland, responsible for oil production relating man to stress.
I would carefully list out simple things we all should do, or we already know, to avoid pimples, and care for them.
1. Always wash your face at LEAST TWICE DAILY (morning & night). Washing the face clears the face off dirt, makeup, excess oil, etc, built up on the surface of the skin. Please avoid scrubbing your face with a rough cloth, or sponge, this could cause irritation, especially those who have very sensitive skin.. Dry your face with a dry clean towel.
2.Use a good moisturizer to prevent the skin from getting dry. Ensure that you use a moisturizer best suitable for your skin, to avoid breakouts or irritations. Before you apply, make sure your hands are CLEAN.
3. Avoid touching your face at all times, and also squeezing or bursting, or popping the pimples, because the more you use bacteria- infested hands on your face the more likely you are going to have pimples. Then if you must pop, squeeze out your pimples, PLEASE DON’T do so too early, out of fear, this could result in permanent scars, and you wouldn’t want that on your precious face, wait for the pimples to “RIPE” as we normally say here in Nigeria, or wait until the pimple has formed a white head, this means that the pus is close to the surface, and its ready. Softly and carefully pop/squeeze/burst the pimple with a clean hand, or cotton wool, around the affected area.
4. Stop over-loading your skin /face with excess beauty products, (facials, makeups, lotions, creams, gel) . All these should be applied lightly on the face, and should be removed/wiped/washed off after it has served its purpose for the day. For my friends who use concealers and foundations HEAVILY to cover up your pimples, the Lord is your muscle ooh. well done.
5. Eat healthy food, drink lots of water, and stay away from unhealthy oily foods, (fried stuffs), groundnuts too, also causes pimples, i found out from friend who have pimples on their faces, but at the same time, skin differs sha. Drink lots of water, eat vegetables and fruit, to help detoxify your skin.
6. Protect your skin from the sun in any protective way, either by using products that have sunscreen protection in them, or wearing a hat. Overexposure to sunlight may sometimes result in the production of more sebum. But our Nigerian sun sha, may God help us. Amen.
7. Using creams, medication and treatment. You could also use cream, i know about a few cream/medication to fight pimples, nixoderm, funbactA, skineal, among others, here in Nigeria. Before you try any of those skin treatment or cream, ask A DERMATOLOGIST to prescribe, the perfect one for your skin. Don’t go on saying that “funmi used skineal and all her pimples disappeared ehn….. me sef lemme gaan and use”, and you go ahead and buy it forgetting the fact that all skin types are not the same .
Using natural treatment such as:
tea tree oil
tomato, on the face actually helps in fighting pimples.
Exfoliating the face too, could help prevent pimples too
The presence of pimples on the skin, especially the face, could cause anxiety /embarrassment. But always ensure that whatever comes in contact with the face, is CLEAN AT ALL TIMES.
I believe if you try all this simple steps, or guidelines, you could have a smooth face like mine.lol
not boasting sha, its God given.
To all who have or who have had pimples, I would love to hear other ways/method on how to prevent and care for your pimpled skin, drop them in the comment section below. THANKS.
Remember to be beautiful and to stay beautiful, till i see you all in my next post.
“Our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth,
who has set your glory above the heavens” Ps 8:1